Optimized fabric breath-ability provides an immediate water contact and diffusion with the tea leaves, without any “ballooning effect”. Infusion time is optimized.
The filter media allows for enhanced visibility of the tea and other flavored components. Becomes almost clear during infusion.
One Earth fabrics minimize tea flavor retention, unlike paper fabric, which absorbs and retains over five times its weight in water.
One Earth products are 100 % Biodegradable in landfill or compost piles. Made in the USA from a 100% annually Renewable Source. 100% Recyclable into itself. All scrap from beginning through tea bag manufacturing will be recycled back into fabric.
One Earth fabrics work on standard high-speed packaging equipment at reduced temperatures for energy savings. Seal on most standard heat sealing machines with no modifications. Seal on ultrasonic welding machines without major adjustments.
No Chemical treatment during the manufacturing process. All components meet FDA requirements for Food and Beverage. Patent pending.
One Earth fabrics are available in various basis weights:
- 20 to 22 gsm for individual Tea Bag applications
- 21 to 30 gsm for family bags or ice tea manufacturing processes
- 35 to 60 gsm for moldable fabrics.
- Large variety of roll widths depending on the packaging machine
Based on Nature Works publication; The following graph indicates 100% biodegradation after less than 45 days of PLA fabrics.
Click Image to Enlarge Graph
Click Image to Enlarge
The process makes use of the carbon stored in plants by photosynthesis in the form of dextrose sugar.
- The carbon and other elements in these sugars are then used to make a biopolymer through a process of fermentation and separation.
- The resulting resin, called polylactid (PLA), can then be extruded into fibers molded thermoformed into packaging.
The biopolymer can be clear, opaque, flexible, or rigid.
Much like polyester, it resists grease and oil, it provides Ultrasonic seal-ability and heat seal-ability at temperatures equivalent to polyolefin sealant resins.